The Elixir in the Final Fantasy Game Series is an extremely valuable and rare item, that in most cases completely restores your health and magic points. It would be great if something like this existed in reality – imagine the benefits it could have in productivity! I can only imagine that a product like this would not be FDA approved, nor would it be recommended for daily use.
However, I have discovered the recipe inspired by the Final Fantasy Elixir drink that offers amazing benefits when it comes to boosting productivity, mental focus, and general well-being. As an added bonus, it is 100% legal, non-addictive, and tastes great. I am not a nutritionist, or an Item Shopkeeper, so the following is for entertainment purposes only.
This drink is based on the Bulletproof Coffee recipe from the Bulletproof Executive. You can check out that site for more information on the health and metabolic benefits of the drink, as well as some very interesting science about coffee itself.
What I love about this Coffee Elixir, is that it tastes amazing, and it gives me a boost of energy that sticks with me all morning without the icky caffeine overdose/withdrawal feeling I get drinking lots of regular coffee. Since discovering this recipe, I find it hard to buy coffee outside my home, because it just does not measure up.
So here is the ingredient list:
Final Fantasy Inspired Coffee Elixir
- 16 oz brewed coffee (I recommend high-altitude Organic coffee, or even Upgraded Coffee)
- 2 tbs Kerrygold Unsalted Grass-fed Butter
- 3 tbs MCT Oil or Coconut oil as a lower cost option
- 1 drop almond or vanilla extract
- Brew your coffee. I use the Aerobie Aeropress. In my opinion, the best coffee maker that $25 can buy. I use it daily.
- Pour the coffee into your blender. Add 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Unsalted Grass-fed Butter, 3 tablespoons Coconut oil, and 1-2 drops almond or vanilla extract.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds. Enjoy.
I know the idea of oil and butter in your coffee sounds a bit gross, but the end result is amazing. Check out this post from the Bulletproof Executive for specific information about the ingredients and tips to make the most of this recipe.