Konami is going through some crazy things right now. The organization seems to have lost touch with its identity.
Maybe you have felt the same – I know I have.
This episode of the ClassicallyTrained Podcast explores a very practical exercise that you can do to find yourself again.
I also reflect on some of my favorite Konami games.
If you enjoy this episode, let me know, I would love to hear from you.
Also, I appreciate anyone who leaves me a rating and review in iTunes – this will help others find the show!
Mentioned in the Show:
Interview with David Hayter
Interview with Rika Muranaka
I’m excited and honored to be speaking at this year’s Podcast Movement THE event for podcasters!
Rika Muranaka is an accomplished and established composer. She’s a producer for AAA video games like Metal Gear Solid 1,2,3,4.,Silent Hill and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Join us as we discuss:
- Which project has been her favorite
- The story behind the unique sound from Metal Gear Solid that Rika composed for Hideo Kojima
- The importance of collaboration
- The exciting new projects Rika is working on (including work with Krayzie Bone of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, a TV show, and a mobile app!)
- Who inspires Rika
- Her best advice to individuals starting out in their career
- And more!
Follow Rika on Twitter: @unjazzmusic
Buy Mastering The Game: What Video Games Can Teach Us About Success In Life
Background music for Mastering The Game spot: “La Calahorra” by Rolemusic, used under Creative Commons License.
Intro/Outtro: Playing With Power by Fantomenk, used with permission.
Does your job feel like a survival horror game?
Do your co-workers remind you of zombies, or your boss conjure up visions of a murderous lunatic? Then you need to listen to this episode.
And probably find a new job.
In this episode I talk about:
- What happens when work feels like Silent Hill or Resident Evil.
- How great leaders inspire others, per Simon Sinek (Leaders Eat Last)
- And I reveal the one idea that can change your customer service efforts FOREVER! (No, the customer is NOT always right!)
What do you want to hear in a future episode of the ClassicallyTrained podcast?
Leave a comment below or email me at Jon@ClassicallyTrained.net
TRICK OR TREAT?
Get access to tons of bonus content HERE:
It happens to the best of us.
We get busy, life happens.
Dreams are forgotten, careers discarded. Real life sets in.
Somewhere along the way, we feel like we have lost ourselves.
This feeling’s strongest form, Amnesia, is often used as a plot device and many movies and videogames as well. There is something frightening, but also relatable about losing our … Continue reading